Version en Español
They don't just eat our food and tear up our essential documents, they are also carriers of vector diseases that can affect humans and even your pets. There are many species of rodents, about 2,227 (known) species. Many diseases are caused by rodents, here is quick list of just a few of them:
- Typhus, plague
- Can be caused by a bite of a rat flea infected with pathogen bacterium yersinia pestis
- Salmonellosis (bacteria poisoning caused when a rodent defecates or urinate in anything that humans will have contact with.
- Leptospirosis ( caused by food or water infected by the urine of an infected rodent).
The common types of rodents that can be found at our homes or yards in San Diego are:
- Roof rat
- Norway Rat
- House mouse
Rodent infestation in a home is really dangerous to human health. Most of these rodents carry fleas on them. These fleas can infect our pets and even us humans with dangerous diseases. Rodents droppings and urine, partly eaten food or fruits, stains on the wall, holes in our homes and many more inconveniences will be experienced when rodents infest our homes.
Professional help is advised when dealing with rodents infestation. Call us today at (619) 421 - 2101 for a lasting solution. GC Termite Control Pest Remediation always delivers great services.
How to prevent a Rat or Mice infestation
- Ensure that your home and environment is clutter-free: Rodents like clutter filled areas, they take shelter there. Make sure your home and yard are clutter-free, get rid of unwanted or unused properties. Mind the way you pile firewood at your backyard, make sure you pile them in a neat and organized way.
- Make sure there are no cracks or openings rodents can pass through in your home. Rodents, especially rats, can sԛueeze themselves through even little holes. Check your homes regularly for cracks.
- Avoid exposing or opening your food down.
- Dispose of your refuge correctly. Avoid harborage. Avoid whatever will make the rodents feel at home. In other words, if you keep producing what the rodents will feed on available for them, they won't leave.
- Make sure your home and environment is kept clean, vacuum your home regularly, reduce the shrubs at your backyard. Rodents take shelter under shrubs.
- A dirty or unkempt area attracts rodents.
The first and most important step is to give us a call so that we can send in our professional inspectors to inspect both your home and yard. By doing this, we will be able to identify the type of rodent we are dealing with, their entry point, the level of infestation, the harborage and food that attracts them.
Then we rodent-proof your home and yard. We block all the entry points of the rodents.
After the inspection and proofing, we use the appropriate technics to get rid of the rodents.
- Rodenticides: This method is used mainly for the outside of structures. Applying chemical inside a home is not safe and can leave stranded dead rats in your walls. We apply bait in proper reach-proof bait stations that can only be reached by small rodents like rats and mice. This will allow them to feed on the bait, causing them to die within a couple feedings.
- Traps: We put traps in areas the rodents are likely to pass through; most times, we lure them to the traps by putting baits on them. These traps are carefully placed in areas where humans won't get affected like interior, kitchen and attic areas.
- Glue boards: this is also a form of trap. They can be used in locations where standard snap traps cannot be used like around plumbing pipes. We place them in appropriate areas, in combination with other traps and bait stations. As a bonus, this board glue traps other pests like cockroaches, spiders, etc.
Any of the method or process we use will continue to be used until all the rodents are eradicated. We use only the best and appropriate manner.
GC Termite Control Pest Remediation Services takes rodents infestation really seriously, considering how dangerous they can be to the health. We are made up of well-trained professionals, and our services are affordable, We offer one of the best pest control services in San Diego. Hire us now for a pest-free home. You can call us at (619) 421 - 2101 to get on the correct path to your rodent proof home or business, we take pride in what we do so you can be sure that you are in the right hands.