Ant Control and Extermination Services in San Diego County
If there is one thing that has not changed for San Diego generations, is that Ants are a very common pest. Being there are very social, if you see one, normally there will be more around. With an ability to have multiple colonies, and queens that can lay up to 800 eggs per day while living for over 10 years themselves. For this reasons a proper treatment plan will not only control what you see, but also where the ants are originating from (the colony). Only by doing this, proper control will be achieved.
Give us a call today at (619) 421 – 2101 and we will be happy to assist you in controlling your Ant problem.
Types of Ants
- Argentine Ants
- This is the most common type of Ant that is found in San Diego and the rest of California. It is almost in every property, so if you notice an ant roaming around or a trail leading into the structure it will most likely be of Argentine Ants. Their length is about 1/8 inch and are commonly black or dark brown in color.
- Odorous House Ant
- Not as common in San Diego anymore as they have been largely displaced by Argentine Ants. They get their name from the smell they put out when they are crushed or stepped on. Odorous House Ants like to nest on the exterior of structures under items in the ground, and they as well like to create multiple sub colonies which makes them harder to control. They can now be found in Northern California and in Washington state.
- Fire Ants
- Very common in San Diego open spaces. It delivers a sting that is commonly described as that of a bee. Their length varies in size from 1/8” to 3/8” and are of a reddish-brown coloration.
- Carpenter Ant
- This is a wood destroying organism that basically carves holes in your structure/wood to create its nest. Although they are not very common in San Diego, they can still be found in timber structures, trees and other places. Carpenter Ants vary in size but can grow as big as 5/8 of an inch and most commonly are black in color.
- Chemical Spray
- A liquid chemical spray is one of the oldest and most effective methods of controlling Ants. Most commonly used on landscape and on the exterior of properties. However, as the chemical is sprayed onto the surfaces, there is more chemical contamination of the area.
- Gel Bait
- This is one of the most common treatment methods uses on the interior of houses, or in commercial properties like restaurants, offices, and other busy areas. They provide an excellent solution to the problem as bait gel is consumed by the ant workers, which is then taken back to the colony to be shared, providing a high extermination rate. Eliminating not only the visible workers but the colony as well, in a short period of time.
- Organic Pesticides
- There are of course more environmentally friendly and organic solutions available to control your Ant problem. A treatment with a pesticide based from Borax, Lemon Juice, Peppermint, Cinnamon and other organic materials can be applied for local control of the problem. However, as this pesticide does not have the necessary chemicals to be allowed to be transported back to the colony, it only controls those areas that are sprayed and not the entire colony.
Pesticide Free Prevention Tips
- Make sure your sprinklers are not directed towards your structure
- Seal all visible cracks on the exterior of your structure
- Clear all cellulose debris like tree branches, firewood and trimmings, or keep them away from the structure
- Keep any landscaping mulch at least 18” away from the structure
- Eliminate all piles of trash, bricks, rocks, debris, etc.
If you would like to ensure that those ants in your house will no longer be bugging you, give us a call at (619) 421 – 2101 so that one of our professional and experienced technician can exterminate them.