VA / FHA Certified WDO / Termite Inspection Requirements

There are many opportunities given by the US government to assist you in the purchase of a home. There are two main options that are offered which are VA and FHA Loans. This loans offer more opportunities for financing, usually have lower rated and as long as all of the requirements have been fulfilled your loan could be guaranteed.  However, because this are Government guaranteed loans there are more requirements that need to be completed before the loan can be issued out. One of the most important requirements is to receive a full section one and two certification on the property, which will mean that there are no infestations, damage or easily infested situations.

Here are some of the additional requirements that VA / FHA Loans have:

  • An initial inspection has to be completed on the property to see if there are any wood destroying organisms infestations or damage from them. The inspection will as well be looking at all the wood / structure for any areas that could invite an infestation in like damaged stucco or water damage / leaks.
  • The inspection will be completed on the main structure (house) and any attached structures like patios, decks, benches, porches, carports, etc.
  • Form NPMA-33 needs to be completed and certified by the licensed inspector stating what, if any infestations/damage/concern areas were found at the structure.
  • If any infestations/damage/concern areas were found at the property they will need to be taken cared off as a loan requirement. All of the treatments and repairs have to be completed by a fully licensed and certified company.
  • Many times the government organization in charge of overlooking the loan underwriting process will send their own inspections to be sure that all of the requirements have been fulfilled. If there were repairs completed, they will send an inspector after to make sure that all of the repairs have been completed as recommended by the licensed inspector and up to code.
  • If structural damage is spotted by an inspector, a structural inspection might be required on the property to make sure that the house is still structurally sound.

Although the requirements to receive a VA or FHA loan are greater, their benefits are even greater and it is highly recommended that if you do qualify for this type of loan to use it. Here at GC Termite Control we are used to handling VA / FHA Inspections on a everyday basis and our inspectors / staff are fully trained and certified to assist you in acquiring the required forms and certification in the easiest and most affordable way possible.

Schedule your appointment today by calling us at (619) 421 – 2101 or using our online system by Clicking Here

Author Information:

Gilberto A. Cortez | Licensed Inspector

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.